03 Oct Production Manager
The Production Manager is responsible for reviewing systems, process and procedures of the entire
Production Department, as well as interfacing with management, employees, and external sources who
deal with the company on quality, product matters, R & D, Sanitation and Maintenance.
• Responsible for making production scheduling recommendations to improve efficiencies.
• Adhere to all FoodPharma safety policies and manufacturing regulations
• Responsible for the budgeting of the workforce in the production department
• Evaluate and suggest changes with equipment, process and procedures to improve efficiency,
food and people safety.
• Measuring of downtime on equipment, initiate a plan, and take corrective measures to reduce or
eliminate future down time.
• Responsible for creating a good safety culture and good working environment for employees,
regulatory agencies, vendors and visitors and enforcing GMPs, Company, Safety and SQF polices
• Work closely with the HR Department on disciplinary actions, employee performance or
employee appreciation duties needed to be applied.
• Responsible for adhering and maintaining all regulatory (SQF, FDA, Health Department)
activities of the operations department.
• Work closely with the QA Department to make sure all operational personnel has been properly
trained and is following GMP’s, food safety regulations, and process and procedures are within
the SQF and FDA guidelines.
• Overseeing the effective operations of the kitchen, chew room, bagging, bar line and other
• Responsible for initiating formulation adjustments when necessary.
• Accurately maintaining, completing, and filing daily production records.
• Will coordinate cleaning and housekeeping activities with Sanitation Lead.
• Evaluate the performance of department employees, provide coaching or positive feedback to help
grow the team professionally.
• Identify low performers and initiate counseling or disciplinary actions when necessary
Santa Fe Springs
2 10012 S. Painter Ave., Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
• Work daily with Leads/Supervisors to ensure the proper scheduling of employees
• Review timecards daily/weekly to ensure all hours, breaks and lunches are accurately recorded.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Food Safety Responsibilities
• Must report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action: SQF
Practitioner, Quality Management, Plant/Production Management, or Supervisors
• Bilingual Spanish/English
• Minimum 4 years in a managerial role in manufacturing, Food Experience is a plus
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Strong Mathematical skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, decimals
and fractions, interpret efficiency and performance data, line speeds, KPI, etc
• Have computer knowledge and proficiency with using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Attention to Detail
• Able to lift 30 lbs.
• Direct Report –Plant Manager
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org